Export of decorative stones to the countries of the Persian Gulf region can become a highly valuable opportunity for Iran due to the mentioned advantages. In this article, we will examine these advantages and how to capitalize on them in the export of decorative stones to the Persian Gulf countries.
Advantages of exporting decorative stones to the Persian Gulf countries:
Low extraction costs in Iran:
One of Iran’s most significant advantages in exporting decorative stones to the Persian Gulf countries is the low extraction costs. Iran possesses rich stone mines and can extract decorative stones at very low expenses. This advantage is the result of having modern extraction equipment, skilled labor, and a high capacity for stone extraction in Iran.
Iranian decorative stones are renowned in the global market for their high quality and durability. With excellent physical and chemical properties, Iranian decorative stones are recognized as one of the best choices for construction and civil engineering projects worldwide.
Low transportation costs:
Another advantage Iran has in exporting decorative stones to the Persian Gulf countries is the low transportation costs due to their proximity. Given Iran’s geographic location, the transportation expenses for decorative stones to the Persian Gulf countries are much lower compared to other exporting countries. For instance, shipping a 20-foot container of stones from Bandar Abbas to Dubai costs approximately $1000, while for some types of stones with lower prices, the transportation cost adds only 10 to 50 percent to the ex-factory price. This is significantly lower than shipping from other locations.
Iran benefits from a diverse range of stone resources, allowing the production of various decorative stone products, including marble, granite, travertine, and more.
Utilizing advantages in exporting decorative stones to the Persian Gulf countries:
To leverage the advantages mentioned above in exporting decorative stones to the Persian Gulf countries,
Iran can consider the following actions:
- Improving product quality: Iran can attract customers in the decorative stone export market by continuously improving the quality of its products. Given the already high quality of Iranian decorative stones, this can easily become a competitive advantage.
- Utilizing cost-effective transportation methods: To reduce transportation costs to the Persian Gulf countries, Iran can opt for cost-effective transportation methods, such as sea freight. Establishing strong trade relations with major transportation companies can also help minimize transportation expenses.
- Effective advertising: Iran can increase sales in the decorative stone export market by utilizing effective advertising strategies. This may involve advertising through various media channels, including television, radio, magazines, and export-oriented websites.
- Increasing export volume: To make the most of the advantages of exporting decorative stones to the Persian Gulf countries, Iran should focus on increasing its export volume to these countries. Investments in transportation infrastructure and production capacity enhancements can be utilized for this purpose.
Considering the advantages discussed above for exporting decorative stones to the Persian Gulf countries, it is evident that this can be an excellent business opportunity for Iran.
Is the quality and price of decorative stones from Iran competitive compared to other countries?
Yes, decorative stones from Iran are competitive in terms of quality and beauty compared to other countries producing decorative stones. Iran is one of the countries with high-quality and diverse decorative stone mines. Decorative stones such as travertine, marble, granite, tuff, precious stones, and other decorative stones extracted and produced in this country have very high quality.
Iranian decorative stones have created a strong presence in the global market due to their beauty, durability, and hardness. Additionally, the production cost of decorative stones in Iran is lower than many other countries producing similar products, thanks to the availability of free raw materials and cheaper labor. This allows Iranian decorative stones to be offered at a more competitive price compared to other countries. However, it is essential to note that in the global market, Iranian decorative stones face tough competition from other producing countries. Therefore, to compete effectively, the industry must always focus on maintaining high quality and satisfying customers. Providing services and competitive prices are also crucial in attracting customers.
In which major global projects has Iran’s decorative stone been used?
Yes, Iranian decorative stones are used in major global projects, and their products are recognized worldwide. In fact, Iranian decorative stones, due to their high quality and beautiful designs, have been used in large architectural projects such as the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the Amir al-Mu’minin Mosque in Kenya, Dubai Airport, the Marriott Hotel project in Paris, the Intel headquarters in California, the Blue Palace project in Malaysia, the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, and many other projects.
In these projects, various types of Iranian decorative stones, such as marble, travertine, granite, and semi-precious stones, have been utilized. Moreover, Iranian decorative stones have also been used in other projects, including commercial buildings, hotels, recreational centers, and more.
The use of Iranian decorative stones in major global projects demonstrates the high quality of these products and their competitive capability among other producing countries. It has also helped Iran’s export market in introducing its products and becoming recognized as a reliable and high-quality decorative stone producer.
What strategies has the industry devised to achieve success in the export of Iranian decorative stones?
1. Quality Improvement: The industry focuses on improving the quality of decorative stone products to compete with other countries in the export market. After conducting extensive research on international quality standards, they select high-quality decorative stones with diverse designs for global markets.
2. Value-added Products: Instead of exporting raw stones, the industry emphasizes producing value-added products, including decorative stones with various designs and processing services to enhance their competitiveness in the global market.
3. Brand Creation: To establish product recognition in the global market, the industry creates a brand for Iranian decorative stones and invests in appropriate advertising for this brand.
4. Technology Utilization: To improve quality and productivity in decorative stone production, advanced technologies are employed in areas such as design, processing, and stone maintenance.
5. New Market Development: Instead of solely relying on existing markets, the industry seeks to develop new markets in different regions worldwide to expand their sales.
6. Improving Transportation Conditions: By improving transportation services, packaging, loading, and unloading, the industry reduces transportation costs and enhances its competitiveness in the global market.